Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Woo-hoo!!

Done.

Yes, I know I said that before, but this time I mean it. I have FINALLY finished my third and final edit - including changing all my spacing from two to one after all the periods...ugh!!!! It has taken me almost a full 7 months longer than anticipated, but I feel so happy because I truly feel that it is a tighter, stronger manuscript the way it now stands. In my gut I always knew it wasn't ready to sprout wings, but I also wasn't ready to do the necessary work and cut here and chop there. I wasn't ready to let go of one little word. But I did (almost 13,000 of them) and I'm glad.

So here's the newest stats: 16 queries sent, 3 rejections (or "no thank you's" as I prefer to call them) and more on their way out.

Now it is finally back to my WIP that I left simmering on the back burner all summer to re-edit the first work. Mind you, it has been simmering and I do believe it is downright steamy now and ready to take off the fire! I'm so excited, can you tell?

So it's back to work...thanks to all of you that have been patient while I meandered my way through the last couple of months!

6 comments:

  1. Well done!

    You've inspired me to crack on with mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say, Congratulations!!! I bet that feels just stellar. Best of luck getting it sold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? Writing it is sooo much more fun than selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, now you just have to keep us updated on your queries, I think that part might be the hardest part of writing a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Johanna, I've discovered your blog by clicking on Jen's blog. What fun it is to get to read about new people, especially writers! I didn't know there were blogs that actually discussed the ups and downs and challenges and defeats of writing. I've had the joy of being published in the greeting card world, the pride of seeing my cards in stores, and the agony of many rejections. I'll be back to see how your submissions are doing. Please feel free to visit my blog at http://www.momsgenerationgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete